//Monthly Plans: October

Sunday, October 01, 2017

image
Hello and happy new month lovely people out there! Autumn is officially here and I couldn't be happier! Dressing in layers, wearing my handmade knitted garments, hot coffees and watching a movie under the blanket are only some of the things I love about autumn. It's funny how much we change growing up, I remember I used to hate autumn when I was younger!

So, I'm here yet again to share with you what happened on the previous month and what I'm planning for the new one!

THINGS I'M EXCITED ABOUT FOR THIS MONTH:

-Dressing in layers
-Lots of knitting
-Family birthdays
-Winter fabrics

ON THE SEWING TABLE:

-During September I made two pairs of True Bias Lander pants! Guys, I can't begin to tell you just how much I love this pattern. I will have a post about them on the blog sometime this month! 
-I also was a pattern tester for Kommatia patterns J006 Parka pattern! Another pattern I really loved making!

For this month I don't have anything planned yet. To be honest I'm not really happy with my wardrobe at the moment and I'm currently in the process of trying to figure out how I can organise my makes better for a more cohesive wardrobe. I'll maybe share more about this in a coming post.

ON MY NEEDLES:

I believe that this is the month I will finally finish my Find Your Fade shawl by Andrea Mowry! This one has been on my needles, since June!

I also working on a birthday present for a friend and I casted on the front piece of my Ondawa sweater.

I thinking about making a Penguono by Stephen West, after seeing Molly's (A Homespun House) version. Has anyone made one? Any thoughts about it?

 READING:

I'm currently reading "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed. So far I like it!
If you do have any good book suggestions, please let me know in the comments!

OTHER THINGS:

Last night I finished watching the third season of "Broadchurch". This series is sooo good. I totally recommend it if you like mystery and are looking for a new series!

So, I totally failed on #sewphotohop this month! I did participate until the middle of the month, and then I fell off the wagon. But I really loved seeing everyone's posts and I did discovered lots of new accounts!

I'm really excited for Slow Fashion October this month! If you don't know what that is, you can read more about it on Karen's blog.

I hope you had a lovely September and are excited for the new month. Do you have any sewing/knitting plan for October?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I am now reading Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. It's about creativity and I highly recommend it, as her other two books I've read, the bestseller Eat, Pray, Love and the following Commited, both autobiographical. ;)

    ReplyDelete